The first race of the 2021 MotoGP season produced much food for thought. Too much to fit into one foreshortened evening, so here are a few initial thoughts for MotoMatters.com subscribers after a fascinating season opener at Qatar:
- Does winning in Qatar mean anything?
- The two ways of going fast
- Top speeds in practice don't mean as much as you might hope
- The transformation of Maverick Viñales
- Winners and losers
- Franco Morbidelli: When holeshot devices go bad
- A tale of two rookies – Bastianini vs Martin
- Cameron Beaubier passes his first test in Moto2
Does winning in Qatar count?
To read the remaining 3759 words of this article, you need to sign up to become a MotoMatters.com site supporter by taking out a subscription. You can find out more about subscribing to MotoMatters.com here. If you are already a subscriber, log in to read the full text.
This is part of a regular series of unique insights into the world of motorcycle racing, exclusive for MotoMatters.com site supporters. The series includes interviews, background information, in-depth analysis, and opinion, and is available to everyone supporting the site by taking out a subscription.
If you would like to read more of our exclusive content you can join the growing band of site supporters, by taking out a subscription here. If you prefer, you can also support us on our Patreon page and get access to the same exclusive material there.