The Suzukis continue to dominate on the second day of testing at Sepang. John Hopkins heads the timesheets once again, with team mate Chris Vermeulen not far behind. But today, they did not manage a one-two, as Colin Edwards squeezed his Yamaha between the American and the Australian. Behind Vermeulen, Alex Barros set a very respectable 4th time, confirming once again that the d'Antin package looks like being very competitive this year. Valentino Rossi is 5th, ahead of Loris Capirossi and another strong showing by Randy de Puniet.
The Hondas are down the timesheets again, though not quite as far as yesterday. Nicky Hayden was faster than team mate Dani Pedrosa for the second day running, with Marco Melandri the fastest satellite Honda today. Yesterday's surprise packages Kenny Roberts Jr and Makoto Tamada are well down the running order today.
The three-day test concludes tomorrow.
1. John Hopkins- Rizla Suzuki 2â€™01.806
2. Colin Edwards - Yamaha Racing 2â€™01.930
3. Chris Vermeulen- Rizla Suzuki 2â€™02.275
4. Alex Barros - Pramac d'Antin 2â€™02.538
5. Valentino Rossi - Yamaha Racing 2â€™02.619
6. Loris Capirossi - Ducati MotoGP 2â€™02.793
7. Randy De Puniet - Kawasaki Racing 2â€™02.806
8. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda 2â€™02.948
9. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda 2â€™03.098
10. Casey Stoner - Ducati MotoGP 2â€™03.190
11. Marco Melandri - Honda Gresini 2â€™03.253
12. Shinya Nakano - Konica Minolta Honda 2â€™03.633
13. Carlos Checa - Honda LCR 2â€™03.681
14. Shinichi Ito - Bridgestone Test 2â€™03.700
15. Kenny Roberts JR - Team Roberts 2â€™03.800
16. Alex Hofmann - Pramac d'Antin 2â€™03.895
17. Toni Elias - Honda Gresini 2â€™04.124
18. Olivier Jacque - Kawasaki Racing 2â€™04.171
19. Makoto Tamada - Yamaha Tech 3 2â€™04.350
20. Sylvain Guintoli - Yamaha tech 3 2â€™04.892
Times from MotoGrandPrix.it.